Submit a Certificate of Eligibility, a VA form 22-1995, VA form 22-5495, or a VA-form 28-1905 to the VA Office in the CF Student Life and Veterans Center or the Financial Aid Office in the Bryant Student Union.
- The Certificate of Eligibility students should receive in the mail from the VA after completing the VONAPP (Veterans Online Application). Students who have not received a Certificate of Eligibility after 3 months should call the VA directly at 888-442-4551.
- VA form 22-1995 is used for Chapter 30, 33, 1606, and 1607 students that have collected benefits at other institutions.
- VA form 22-5495 is used for Chapter 35 students that have collected benefits at other constitutions.
- VA form 28-1905 is used for Chapter 31 students
Register for classes and submit class schedule to the VA Office each semester.
- As a veteran, you are able to register during the 40+ priority registration period. Priority registration dates are posted on the MyCF student portal as well as in the college calendar.
- CF will report to the VA only those classes which are required for your current program of study. Required courses are indicated on your schedule as "fundable" hours.
- If you are in your last semester of enrollment before graduation, you may take courses that are not "fundable," however you must notify the VA office that you are graduating.
Once the eligibility form and the schedule have been submitted, the CF VA Office will complete the rest of the certification process. If it is your first time using your benefits, it may take up to three months before you receive your first payment.
Chapter 30, 1606 and 1607 need to verify attendance at the end of each month on VA WAVE (www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do) or call the attendance verification number, 888-823-2378. Chapter 33 and 35 receive a check every month once they are certified and are not required to verify attendance. Chapter 35 NCD students are mailed a monthly verification form (VA Form 22-8979).
The VA has standards the student must maintain to keep receiving payments. Visit the CF VA Office for more information.
Return of Unearned Tuition Assistance Funds
In accordance with DoDI 1322.25 requirements, CF will return any unearned tuition assistance (TA) funds on a proportional basis. TA funds are earned proportionally during an enrollment period, with unearned funds returned based on when a student stops attending. The military service that provided the applicable TA will be refunded in accordance with the schedule that follows for a standard 16-week college term:
Days Registered | Proportional Refund of TA Funds
0 to 7 days | 100 percent
8 to 28 days |75 percent
29 to 56 days | 50 percent
57 to 112 days | 0 percent
Minimum training time requirements for veterans are listed below:
Fall and Spring
Each term (A, B, C) within the fall and spring semesters is treated separately for the purpose of benefit payments from the VA.
Term A Term B Term C
Only Only Only
Full time 6 6 12 credit hours
¾ time 5 5 9 credit hours
½ time 3 3 6 credit hours
Each term (A, B, C) within the summer semester is treated separately for the purpose of benefit payments from the VA.
Term A Term B Term C
Only Only Only
Full time 4 4 9+ credit hours
3/4 time 3 3 7 credit hours
1/2 time 2 2 5 credit hours
Each term (A and B) within the summer semester is treated separately for the purpose of benefit payments from the VA.
Term A Term B
Full time 6 6 credit hours
3/4 time 4 4 credit hours
1/2 time 3 3 credit hours
See VA representative for less than half time or other enrollment variations.
Reminder: Any enrollment break of 30 or more days could result in an interruption of benefits.