In accordance with Florida law and college policy, any eligible veteran or dependent wishing to pursue an approved program within the parameters of Chapter 30, 33, 35, or 1606, or 1607 will have upon request, 60 days after the first day of classes to pay registration fees.
- During summer terms, the deadline for payment of VA deferred fees will be 10 days before the last day of scheduled classes.
- Only ONE fee deferment per academic year is allowed.
- VA students are responsible for payment of all deferred fees by the due date regardless of whether or not they have received benefits from the VA.
- Veteran and dependent students receiving a VA deferment will be expected to pay their tuition and fees by the date on their VA deferment contract. If the fees are not paid by the due date on the VA Deferment contract, the following may occur:
- The student may be barred from class attendance.
- The student may be administratively withdrawn from current class enrollment and earn no grades or credits for the term.
- No grades, transcripts or other academic records will be issued from the Office of the Registrar.
- The student’s VA benefits will be terminated along with current semester enrollment and reported to the VA. This will result in an overpayment status with the Veteran’s Administration and any received VA funds may need to be returned to the VA.