Mr. CF 2017 Candidates:
- Courtland Culver – Student Ambassadors (Ocala)
- Morey Lewis – African American Student Union
- Noah Widmann – Club Pre-Med
- Noah Currie – Realizing Our cause (ROC)
- Daniil Shakhov – Salsa Mix Club
Ms. CF 2017 Candidates:
- Shelby Willard – Student Ambassadors (Citrus)
- Katelyn James – Patriot Press
- Elizabeth Franklin – Student Ambassadors (Ocala)
- Jannea Messer – Psychological Rehabilitation Education Program
- Madeline Ginn – Forensics – Speech & Debate
- Sierra Oliver – Student Activities Board
- Cheryl Lasaga – BAS Network
- Alize Lopez – African American Student Union
- Caitlin Adcock – Psychology Club
- Yanika Thompson – Club of Educational Opportunity
The Office of Student Life is pleased to announce the 20th annual scholarship program for Mr. & Ms. CF, sponsored by the CF Foundation, Inc. Each student club or organization is invited to nominate one female and one male candidate. The first 10 nominated men and the first 10 nominated women to meet all of the requirements and submit their applications online will be the candidates for the event.
We are looking for the male and female students who embody the spirit of the College of Central Florida with good grades, involvement in campus and community organizations, and volunteer experiences. Students should exhibit direction, poise, and the ability to relate well to other people. The Mr. & Ms. CF events will be taking place during the last full week of February, culminating with the Scholarship Program which will take place on that Friday evening in the Charles R. Dassance Fine Arts Auditorium. Mr. and Ms. CF and runners-up will be selected that evening. The winners and runners-up will each receive a scholarship. There will be a “candidates’ choice” award as well for a male and a female candidate.
The requirements for nomination are:
- 12 CF credit hours completed by December 2016
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 by December 2016
- Must be enrolled in at least six credit hours during the Spring 2017 semester
- Must have been active in a CF student club/organization during the Fall of 2016
- Must be nominated by an active CF student club/organization and submit a letter of recommendation from the student club/organization advisor.
The judging will consist of a personal interview with the judges, an on-stage presentation of the candidate’s club/organization information, career wear and a random on-stage question. Judges for this program will be leaders from the communities that CF serves.
Criteria for judging will be divided into the following categories:
- Mr. & Ms. CF Application 10 points
- Interview with judges 50 points
- On stage personal introduction and introduction of club/organization 20 points
- On stage “career wear” with a voice over which will emphasize major, grade point average, career goals, and a course which has been important to them at CF 10 points
- On stage question 10 points
If you have any questions or would like more information – please contact the Office of Student Life, ext. 4416.
Previous Mr. & Ms. CF Winners:
Mr. & Ms. CF 2016
Mr. & Ms. CF 2015
Mr. & Ms. CF 2014
Mr. & Ms. CF 2013
Mr. & Ms. CF 2012