Academy #283 begins October 26, 2016
For more information contact the Criminal Justice Institute at 352-873-5838.
This course is limited access and has additional Admission requirements. See the College Catalog program information for complete details.
PROGRAM FEES (All fees are subject to change.)
- CF Application $30
- F-BAT or COBAT test $45
- Physical Examination $ Varies
- Tuition/Lab fees For Florida residents $1,650
- Background check $55
- Uniforms: shirt, pants, shoes approx. $250
- Syllabus $30
- 1000 rounds of ammunition approx. $400
- Ear and eye protection $15
- Some additional costs may be incurred.
- Notification of acceptance
- You may schedule a packet review for the academy beginning on Thursday, September 1, 2016.
- The last day to schedule and receive a review is Tuesday, October 4, 2016.
- Student notifications will be on Wednesday, October 5, 2016.
- MANDATORY Class Orientation will be held on Thursday, October 6, 2016 from 6-10 p.m.
- Class will begin on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 6 p.m.
A limited access program is one in which both program admission and course registration are restricted to a certain number of students meeting predetermined criteria. Limited access status is justified when student demand exceeds available resources or accreditation requirements (i.e., student/faculty ratios, instructional facilities and equipment, clinical sites) or the nature of the program calls for specific admission requirements.
Limited access programs have admissions processes and criteria beyond general college admissions. While any student meeting the minimum criteria is encouraged to apply, not all applicants may be accepted for the desired term.
CF Health Science and Law Enforcement programs are limited access programs with special entrance requirements that vary by program. Please see the college catalog, academic program page of the website, printed program cards or information packet of each program for complete information.
Limited access program criteria may include:
- Application specific to the program
- Specialized testing
- Prerequisite courses
- Criminal background check
- Physical examination
- CPR certification
- Minimum age
- U.S. Citizenship
- No criminal history
Please note that admissions requirements may change occasionally. Consult with your advisor for the most current information.