The College of Central Florida is offering a new noncredit program to prepare students for employment in the vital and expanding logging and timber industry in North Central Florida.
CF’s Timber Harvesting Equipment program will begin Monday, May 8, and run through June 30. Students will participate in five weeks of classroom instruction 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday, followed by three weeks of all-day field instruction with hands-on experience. Students will learn:
- Introduction to the Forest Industry
- Basic Forest Management
- Timber Harvesting Operations
- Silvicultural and Wildlife Best Management Practices
- Timber Harvesting Safety
- Basic Operation of a Feller-Buncher, Skidder and Loader
Upon successful completion, students will:
- Achieve these three certifications: Master Logger Certification, OSHA 10-hour Certification, CPR Certification.
- Have the opportunity to interview with area logging contractors for immediate employment in the timber harvesting industry.
Is the Timber Harvesting Equipment program for you? Successful applicants:
- Enjoy working outdoors in any weather
- Like working as a team
- Like working with heavy equipment
- Enjoy helping the environment
- Will complete all application and assessment requirements by April 21, 2017
- Must be 18 years old and drug-free
- Will receive full tuition scholarships!
To learn more and apply, contact:
Manager, Levy Center